A New QI Central Has Launched!
In October 2020, we welcome users to a new QI Central, our online College portal for quality improvement.
The RCPCH has recognised and fully endorsed the concept of quality improvement encompassing clinical audit as tools to improve the experience and outcomes of the children and families we care for. QI Central is a resource developed to support the College in delivering the core principles of quality improvement described in the Quality Improvement Strategy, which are:
- Leadership: Being at the forefront of QI in paediatrics and child health, supporting its members and the wider child health workforce to be individual leaders.
- Engagement: With everyone involved in the health and wellbeing of infants, children and young people in the delivery of a QI strategy, co-producing solutions with children, young people, their parents and carers.
- Support and Education: Enabling and supporting existing networks, collaboratives, specialty groups and initiatives in paediatric and child health, providing wider opportunities to develop and share best practice and a robust QI education programme.
- Monitoring and Improvement: Using robust monitoring and evaluation activity to ensure a QI strategy is delivered, refined, and approved as appropriate.
- Evidence Based: Ensuring all activity is evidence-based (i.e. informed by robust research and, where appropriate, practice-informed consensus). QI activity will also contribute to setting research priorities.
As this portal develops and content is added, we hope this can be an important resource for anyone working with children and families considering a quality improvement project. As a first step and very much in the spirit of co-producing solutions, we will publish quality improvement projects carried out by our members and allied health professionals that have been submitted to us. Submitted projects will be peer reviewed against a clear set of criteria before publication.
This has been a resource in the process of development. In October 2020, RCPCH launched a new QI Central platform. The hub now features user generated content with examples of quality improvement interventions in a variety of areas, alongside curated resources from the RCPCH QI archive and wider improvement community.
The topic areas on this new hub are categorised into 4 main areas:
Previous QI Central users will need to register a new account on this site. We hope that visitors to this new site will be inspired to take time to browse through the different resources, and will also read and learn from the different projects showcased here to support them on their own QI journeys.