Centre for Sustainable Healthcare Online Courses and Webinars
The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare offer a range of training courses and webinars on various aspects of sustainability, health and healthcare.
Online courses available in 2021:
Introduction to Sustainable Healthcare
This course is an overview of the relationship between the health sector and the climate and ecological crises. How does the health system contribute to climate change? How can clinical practices become sustainable?
- Thursday 21 January, 10:00 – 14:00 GMT
- Wednesday 3 March, 08:00 – 12:00 GMT
- Tuesday 11 May, 14:00 – 18:00 BST
Green Space and Health
Research demonstrates that green space contributes to physical and mental wellbeing and offers therapeutic benefits for recovery from illness. This course explores the evidence and illustrates how you can integrate these into your own practice.
- Tuesday 19 January 2021, 10:00 – 14:00 GMT
- Tuesday 27 April 2021, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
Carbon Footprinting for Healthcare
This carbon footprinting course will help health professionals, quality improvement leads and medical students to become carbon literate. You will gain an understanding of what a carbon footprint is, how it can be used in the NHS’s endeavour to go net zero and how it is measured.
- Thursday 11 February, 13:00 – 17:00 GMT
- Wednesday 9 June, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
Sustainable Quality Improvement
This intensive course introduces health professionals and educators to the concept of ‘sustainable value’ and the ‘SusQI’ framework for integrating sustainability into quality improvement.
- Wednesday 24 February, 10:00 – 14:00 GMT
- Monday 26 April, 13:00 – 17:00 BST
- Wednesday 7 July, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
Teaching Sustainable Quality Improvement
This short course uses the ‘SusQI’ framework to help health professions, educators and students to integrate sustainability concepts into mainstream quality improvement teaching.
- Wednesday 27 January, 13:00 – 17:00 GMT
- Wednesday 31 March, 13.30 – 17.30 BST
Public Health Leadership
This interactive 8-hour course helps public health professionals to develop leadership skills for environmental sustainability within and outside the health and care sector.
- Friday 23 April, 09:00 – 13:00 BST
Full details available at https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/courses
Bookings can be made online at https://www.sustainablehealthcarelearning.com/