Global Paediatric Lecture Series – Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
Details of the Global Paediatric Lecture Series launched by Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in July 2020.
The Global Paediatric Lecture Series is an initiative by Alder Hey Children’s Hospital with the aim of promoting medical education and knowledge across the globe to benefit the care and wellbeing of children and young people all over the world.
The program consists of a series of weekly lectures delivered by clinicians working in various specialties at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital. The sessions will be delivered over an hour every week on Wednesdays (16:00-17:00pm GMT) and will rotate between various medical and surgical sub-specialties. The sessions are free to attend and suitable for all health care professionals working with children and young people.
The July-September 2020 programme is listed below:
- 15th July 2020 – ‘Management of Hypoglycaemia in Neonates/Children’ presented by Dr Senthil Senniappan, Consultant Endocrinologist
- 22nd July 2020 – ‘Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis – What’s The Latest’ presented by Dr Kamran Mahmood, Consultant Rheumatologist
- 29th July 2020 – ‘Recurrent Abdominal Pain – How to Tackle’ presented by Dr Manjula Nair, Consultant Gastroenterologist
- 5th August 2020 – ‘Management of Epilepsy – Getting it Right’ presented by Dr Nina Swiderska, Consultant Neurologist
- 12th August 2020 – ‘Henoch-Scholein Purpura (IgA Vasculitis)’ presented by Dr Louise Oni, Consultant Nephrologist
- 19th August 2020 – ‘Surgical Management of Hydrocephalous’ presented by Prof Conor Mallucci, Consultant Neurosurgeon
- 26th August 2020 – ‘Common Paediatric Airway Problems’ presented by Mr Madhan Krishnan, Consultant ENT Surgeon
- 2nd September 2020 – ‘Approach to the Management of a Cyanotic Child’ presented by Dr Arul Narayanan, Consultant Cardiologist
Full details including joining instructions can be found here.