Respiratory Futures is a new focal point for the UK respiratory community building on the findings of the Respiratory Alliance and reaching across the traditional boundaries of primary and secondary care.
Respiratory Futures is a new focal point for the UK respiratory community building on the findings of the Respiratory Alliance and reaching across the traditional boundaries of primary and secondary care. An independent network comprising stakeholders from the public and private sectors, we’re bringing people together to respond to the challenges and realise the opportunities our sector faces. A virtual, first port of call for respiratory disease information, taking the role of the honest and supportive broker, facilitating innovative project partnerships.
- Foster the sharing of best practice.
- Reduce duplication, find answers and share ideas.
- Support the development of new models of care which best meet the needs of patients and help to reduce healthcare inequalities.
- Advance the goals of high quality clinically–led respiratory care.
- Network with other professionals and engage with new institutions.
- Celebrate successes and discuss key issues.
Respiratory Futures is a place for people in the respiratory sector come together: to find answers and share ideas; to network with other professionals or engage with new institutions; and to celebrate successes or discuss key issues. We host debates on some of the most pressing contemporary issues. We’re building an extensive knowledge portal of key resources from diverse sources updated continually.
There is considerable demand for easily accessible information, from research papers and commissioned case studies to reports and surveys. In response, we are building this portal as a central point of access to a wide range of legacy, current and curated respiratory assets tagged by cross-cutting and disease-related search tags. We share the latest developments on exciting projects and research. And we help to connect professionals and organisations across the UK and beyond, making use of social media to break down boundaries.
Respiratory Futures works in partnership with British Thoracic Society and NHS England. Access is shared widely with people working in respiratory sector, primary care and those seeking to commission improved respiratory services through Strategic Clinical Networks, NHSIQ and Asthma UK.
On the site you can find:
- Interactive map holding information on each Sustainability and Transformation Partnership, Health Board and Health and Social Care Trust across the UK.
- Interviews, articles and case studies covering innovative models of care, pressing topics and projects in the respiratory field.
- Resources including publications and directory of respiratory organisations.
- Live debates promoting discussion and learning in the respiratory community.
Challenges and Learning
We are always interested to hear your thoughts and to know about respiratory projects or models of care you are involved in. Respiratory Futures depends on your contributions so get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project is endorsed by the British Thoracic Society and NHS England.
Chair: Dr Martin Allen, British Thoracic Society Executive Committee
Programme Lead: Aileen Muir
Organisation: Respiratory Futures supported by the British Thoracic Society and NHS England